Welcome to the Embedded WIFI Bare-Metal Development From Ground Up™ course.
This course teaches you how to develop drivers and libraries for connecting your embedded device to the internet.
This course uses the STM32 microcontroller and the ESP8266 WIFI chip. The ESP8266 is a low-cost WIFI chip with a full TCP/IP stack and a microcontroller. If you do not understand what TCP/IP stack means, do not worry, by the end of this course you will understand this and much more.
The course can be divided into four parts. The first part is theoretical. In this part we shall learn about some networking concepts and the fundamentals of the WIFI protocol.
In the next part of the course we shall develop bare-metal drivers for interfacing the ESP8266 chip to the STM32 microcontroller.
After developing our drivers for connecting the ESP8266 chip to the STM32 microcontroller we shall then go ahead and develop efficient data structures for managing communication data between the ESP8266 chip and the STM32 microcontroller.
In the final part we shall combine the drivers and data structures developed in the previous parts to develop a library for connecting to the internet. We shall then go on to use the library to develop a WebServer, a Web Client as well as accomplish tasks such as storing sensor data in the cloud and so much more.
Please take a look at the full course curriculum.
- Develop a Complete WIFI Library for ESP8266 and STM32 Microcontrollers
- Develop an Embedded WIFI Client for Accessing Web APIs
- Develop an Embedded Web Server for Controlling Hardware Remotely
- Develop Bare-Metal Firmware for Storing Sensor Data in the Cloud
- Develop Bare-Metal Drivers for Connecting ESP8266 to STM32 Microcontrollers
- Develop First-In-First-Out (FIFO) Data Structure for Managing Communication Data
- Develop Circular Buffer Data Structure for Managing Communication Data
- Understand the Fundamentals of the IEEE 802.11 (WIFI) Protocol
- Please take a look at the full course curriculum.
Frequently Asked Questions
StartDownloading our Integrated Development Environment (IDE) (2:34)
StartInstalling our Integrated Development Environment (IDE) (2:38)
StartDownloading the Required Documentation (6:21)
StartCoding : Understanding the Context of Bare-Metal Development (27:46)
StartCoding : Testing our Setup by Developing a GPIO Output Driver (Pt.1) (7:19)
StartCoding : Testing our Setup by Developing a GPIO Output Driver (Pt.2) (31:33)
EmbeddedExpertIO represents a vibrant collective dedicated to the mastery of sophisticated embedded systems software development for professionals.
Our core objective is to equip individuals and organizations with the indispensable skills to thrive in the swiftly evolving embedded systems sector. We achieve this by providing immersive, hands-on education under the guidance of seasoned industry specialists. Our ambition is to emerge as the favored learning platform for embedded systems development professionals across the globe.